The majority of this month was spent herding coordinators to get communities signed up to participate in this Outreachy round. We now have 19 communities signed up to participate in the December 2019 to March 2020 round. Depending on community funding that’s still TBD, we could have somewhere between 31 and 44 interns this round. That’s on par with last round.
Organizer tasks this month:
- Ping 25 communities who have participated in the past. 13 past communities have signed up this round.
- Review 6 new communities who have never participated in Outreachy before
- Meet with new potential sponsors
- Provide on-boarding as time allows for new coordinators
- Run two chats with Outreachy May 2019 interns
- Review final feedback for Outreachy May 2019 interns
- Review initial applications
- Answer questions from applicants on Twitter and via email
- Prep work for the Outreachy booth at the Tapia conference