The main focus of this month was gearing up for the application period for the December 2019 round. We’ve made some changes to the application process, which required both changes to the website and communication to stakeholders (applicants, coordinators, and mentors).
We aren’t forgetting the May 2019 interns though! Their internships are still active until August 20. We hosted two internship chats this month, and found a contractor to provide resume review for the interns.
- Coordinated with a new contractor to add Outreachy career advice services, including career chats and resume review
- Reviewed mid-point feedback and facilitated conversations with mentors and interns
- Coordinated with volunteers for the Outreachy Tapia booth about travel
- Ordered Outreachy promotional materials for Tapia
- Provided guidance to new communities thinking about participating in the December 2019 round
- Wrote a blog post explaining the process changes for applicants and mentors in the December 2019 application round
- Updated Outreachy promotional materials with the new deadline changes
- Wrote an Outreachy Applicant Guide
- Started writing an Outreachy Internship Guide
- Updated our mentor FAQ to mirror the process changes
- Wrote an email to interns explaining how informational interviews work, and giving resume guidelines
- Deployed code to separate out the Outreachy initial application period and the contribution period
- Deployed code to hide Outreachy internship project details until the contribution period opens
- Deployed code to hide pending/approved status until the contribution period opens
- Wrote 46 new tests for the deployed code, increasing the total number of tests to 77.